- Core Competencies: 1. Mathematics,
- Field of knowledge : Mathematics
- Create a clock for learning to read time units .
- Learn to tell the time
- Enhancing creativity and autonomy when learning.
- Reading and writing numbers.
- Order and relationships between numbers. Comparison of numbers in familiar contexts.
- Units of measurement of time: cyclical time and periods of time (clock reading, on the hour and half past).
Different coloured card, colored markers, scissors, Pritt Stick, lolly sticks.
pin or skewer.
Step by Step
Step by Step:
To start making the clock, draw two circles, one larger and one smaller and cut them out.
Now draw different decorative elements for the clock, cut them out and stick them to the circles using Pritt Stick.
Make a hole in the middle of circles and feed a pencil through it. Using tack, attach two lollypop sticks to the end of the pencil so that they look like the hands of the clock. They should then rotate around the clockface as you rotate the pencil.
Finally, write on the numbers using a marker pen.
You can use the clock to plan the day, for example ask the children to move the hands of the clock to when it will be lunchtime or the end of the school day.