- Core competencies:
1. Competence in linguistic communication
2. Cultural and artistic competence
3. Processing information and digital competence
- Knowledge area: English Language and Literature
Create a visual representation of a poem or story
- Comprehension of poems and stories and the emotions that are within them
- Portraying emotions through art and images
- Expression of emotions through a diagram or picture.
- Compare authors, place them at the time, learn to read critically and practice
some reading methods
- Knowledge and appreciation of the literary text as a vehicle for communication and interaction, for cultural and personal enjoyment.
Cardboard, markers, Pritt Stick and scissors.
Step by Step:
Choose a poem or a story which you have studied recently and discuss with the class the emotions which are contained within it. As an example, we have used a story in which the main emotion is happiness.
Using the cardboard and scissors, cut out the letters which spell the word in which you are going to portray and stick them onto a large piece of cardboard.
You can then either cut out pieces of cardboard or draw onto the large cardboard to create symbols of the emotion, for example we have used a shining sun and a smile to illustrate happiness.
You can turn your creations into acrostic poems by adding a short sentence to each letter which relates to the emotion you have portrayed.