- Core competencies: 1. Art, Colours, History
- Area of Knowledge: Arts Education
Create a mosaic from small photographs.
- Recognize upcoming artistic manifestations of our cultural environment.
- Taking Pictures.
- Enhancing creativity and aesthetic sense.
- Production of images using various techniques and resources.
- Taking Pictures: in focus and scenery shots.
- Application in your own productions as observed in artistic works.
Instant disposable camera, thin cork, pencil, scissors, Power Pritt Stick.
Step by Step:
To start, show students the following pictures. Then get students to make a mosaic with photographs of objects, people and landscapes.
Draw a heart shape to fill the piece of card.
Then cut out different pictures from magazines and newspapers.
Sort and place the photos by tone and colour.
Finally, stick the photos with Pritt Stick in the shape of a heart.
To extend the activity, you could tie this in to History and the Romans, who created many mosaics.